October 12, 2018 Accounting Manager - 14 Month Contract MLA CANADA IS SEEKING A CANDIDATE FOR THE POSITION OF ACCOUNTING MANAGER FOR OUR DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER HEAD OFFICE.
ABOUT MLA CANADA
In 2016, MAC Marketing Solutions and BLVD Marketing Group amalgamated to form McNeill Lalonde and Associates (MLA Canada). As MLA Canada, the best of two cultures are combined and supported by a highly experienced leadership group and dedicated and talented team.
MLA Canada is the most comprehensive real estate service provider in Canada. Partnering with residential developers, MLA Canada offers an unmatched level of expertise in Advisory services, market intelligence, project marketing, sales, customer care and administration. From boutique projects to large masterplan communities, our diverse and deeply experienced service teams deliver exceptional results while placing our clients’ objectives and brand identity first.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
You will join Western Canada’s premium real estate marketing organization, MLA Canada. You will help us deliver results by being responsible for monitoring the day to day accounting, monthly and annual financial reporting, budgeting processes, development of Internal controls, accounting practices and building a strong finance team. You will report to the Controller and play an Instrumental role In the financial future of MLA Canada by ensuring reliable, accurate information is provided to key decision makers in a timely manner. Your core responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of MLA Canada's business, corporate structure, and financial reporting process
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year end close Including oversight and management of the preparation of monthly financial reporting package
- Develop, monitor and liaise with other departments to create, update and analyze operating expense budgets
- Monitor and analyze department workflow to develop more efficient processes while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Support Controller with special projects including acquisitions and other out of ordinary business transactions
- Lead development of direct reports and encourage and enhance professional development of staff
- Liaise with external accountants for a variety of engagements
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- A professional accounting designation with 4 years of finance or accounting experience
- Deep understanding of full-cycle accounting
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) skills including active listening and knowledge sharing
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and Simply Accounting
- Ability to produce results independently while maintaining a positive team environment
- An amazing attention to detail with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A good sense of self-awareness and pride and enthusiasm in your work
- Time-management skills working under pressure with multiple projects and timelines
WHAT WE CAN GIVE YOU
- Personal and professional development within the company and industry
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package
- A fun, collaborative, and autonomous work environment that encourages growth
To apply, click here.