ABOUT MLA CANADA
MLA Canada is the most comprehensive real estate service provider in Canada. Partnering with residential developers, MLA Canada offers an unmatched level of expertise in advisory services, market intelligence, project marketing, sales, customer care and administration. From boutique projects to large masterplan communities, our diverse and deeply experienced service teams deliver exceptional results while placing our clients’ objectives and brand identity first.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
We are driven to change the way the world purchases real estate. Our company is at the helm of an exciting transition and growth in technology and innovation. We are in the midst of developing a one-of-a-kind data driven real estate intelligence platform forever changing the way we sell and market homes. Our commitment is to foster an entrepreneurial culture, while continuing to disrupt how we position and sell real estate. As we take on this exciting new challenge, we are seeking a Resource & HR Specialist to join our growing team!
Please note, only residents of the Lower Mainland will be considered at this time as we work with a hybrid model.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Resource & HR Specialist to assist our Sales Force team! Within this role, you will work alongside the Sales Operations and HR/Ops team and provide support pertaining to various HR operations and administrative tasks for both departments. The ideal candidate has a strong background in resource management, staff allocation, scheduling, contract management, as well as supporting onboarding, calendar and change management. You have a passion for creating efficiencies with resources, automating processes, can handle competing priorities and are passionate about providing HR and resource support!
The core responsibilities for the role will be, but are not limited to:
Resource Management (70%)
- Understand and make recommendations to Sales Directors regarding the capacity to meet staffing requirements for projects
- Assign contractors to projects based on the need for resources, skills and abilities required and talent with the approval of Sales Directors
- Understanding hiring needs based on project pipeline and collaborate with Talent Acquisition to fulfil vacant roles
- Monitor consultant scheduling, workload, and hours
- Responsible to lead administration and management of Sales Force Scheduling, and administer staff planning across all MLA programs
- Be intimately familiar with the staffing needs, requirements, and opportunities upcoming within the sales department and be a resource leading in staffing recommendations
- Manage our floater pool and talent pool pipeline for future projects
- Alleviate resource concerns by reassessing and reallocating resources based on project goals and timelines
- Supporting the Sales Operations team with HR functions pertaining to contractors such as file management, contract management and contract writing
- Ensure that Sales Force lifecycle is updated with pertinent Sales Force contract details and steps triggered to prepare, execute and continually update consultant contracts for each project. This process when properly executed will ensure each department (HR, Sales Operations, Accounting) all have up to date files in real time
- Assist Sales Directors in overseeing Sales Team schedules and vacation coverage by managing vacation requests for the sales team, and identifying the need for additional support during approved vacation times.
- Drafting and preparing consulting contracts and various addendums
- Assist with performance management procedures for specific consulting roles
- Assist with ad-hoc HR/Sales Operations projects
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices
- Support and coordinate onboarding items for new hires
- Liase with HR/Ops team to coordinate onboarding and offboarding tasks
- Be a brand ambassador for our Core Values and culture, building strong and positive relationships with team members as well as our with the senior leadership group
- Oversee introductions of new Sales Force Members to the organization and time of hiring, and introduction to relevant departments and marketing teams for their respective projects
- Check in with new hires post onboarding to ensure successful integration and enjoyment, and perform ongoing regular check-ins with sales staff not yet assigned to a site full-time
- Establish rhythms with Sales and HR team to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly connection points to garner feedback, answer questions and assess proficiency in all items related to projects, resource management and change management
- Responsible for overseeing regular calendar management of MLA Sales Force and acting as a resource for information on all MLA Best Practices
- Work with the Sales Operations Manager to understand the skills and abilities of the Sales Force team
- Conduct and lead monthly sales leader staffing meetings and oversee Marketing and Sales Coordinator as needed in ensuring updates to staffing needs made prior to session, and facilitate administration of the Staffing Meeting
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3+ years of experience in resource allocation, contract management and calendar management (scheduling) is mandatory
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field
- Ability to accurately assess resource needs
- Ability to take ownership of projects, not afraid to offer insights and opinions
- Superior organizational skills and exceptional ability to manage various tasks with ease
- Experience in managing budgets and large excel working files
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- A high-level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Office 365) including the backend admin portal considered an asset
- Tech savvy and able to learn new programs easily
- Previous real estate experience would be considered an asset but not necessary
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Ability to produce results independently while maintaining a positive team environment
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing, personable attitude
- An entrepreneurial mindset and likes to take ownership of projects and deliverables
MLA offers individuals an unparalleled opportunity to work with a growing company with a clear vision to be Canada’s undisputed leader in real estate, and to be a part of setting a new standard of excellence for experience and innovation in the world of new home sales.
Our core values are at the heart of our people and company objectives. We strive for Innovation, Empowering our People, Committing to the MLA Experience and Delivering Results.
We celebrate our wins and each other. We are committed to fostering a rich learning organization and mapping out career paths based on individual talents and goals. We are big on fostering a community based on trust, respect and creating a fun and collaborative place to be! Ask us about our yearly Rocket Awards program and annual gala events, where we put celebration into action.
In addition to a competitive compensation structure, we offer:
- An amazing opportunity for personal growth and development
- A defined bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Fitness and transit subsidy programs
- An opportunity to work with the best of the business
- A fun, collaborative, innovative and fun working environment
- On-going commitment to training and development
- Opportunities for educational webinars
- Career path and personal growth plans – we invest in you and our team
In keeping with our guiding principle of safety for team members, families, our clients, and our communities, we have decided to enhance our workplace safety protocols and require that all MLA employees, contractors and sub-contractors be fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022 to enter all MLA offices and work sites. Proof of vaccination will be required.
To apply, click HERE