ABOUT MLA CANADA
MLA Canada is the most comprehensive real estate service provider in Canada. Partnering with residential developers, MLA Canada offers an unmatched level of expertise in advisory services, market intelligence, project marketing, sales, customer care and administration. From boutique projects to large masterplan communities, our diverse and deeply experienced service teams deliver exceptional results while placing our clients’ objectives and brand identity first.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
We are driven to change the way the world purchases real estate. Our company is at the helm of an exciting transition and growth in technology and innovation. We are in the midst of developing a one-of-a-kind data driven real estate intelligence platform forever changing the way we sell and market homes. Our commitment is to foster an entrepreneurial culture, while continuing to disrupt how we position and sell real estate. As we take on this exciting new challenge, we are seeking a Content & Social Media Coordinator to join our growing team!
As we work with a hybrid remote policy, even before Covid, we will continue to adapt this method as we continue to navigate the guidelines administered by public health. Please note, only residents of the Lower Mainland will be considered at this time as we do require team members to collaborate in office and/or in person as needed. This is not a full-time remote opportunity.
An integral part of the Corporate Marketing team, the ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional, with a strong writing background. A storyteller and strategic thinker, the successful candidate will develop engaging content to build influence while positioning our brands in the forefront of the real estate industry through social and digital marketing channels. Applicants should have a well-developed capacity for coordinating and implementing marketing communication campaigns. As the Content and Social Media Marketing Coordinator, you will help drive organic traffic through effective content curation and content marketing strategies, grow our social communities across multiple channels, develop and curate engaging content to further business objectives, and manage daily social conversations.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Support the development of an overarching marketing strategy that connects back to the MLA Canada’s brand purpose
- Maintain our content editorial calendar by working closely with the team to research, write, and publish engaging daily for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Monitor and analyze platforms for performance and community engagement
- Create and coordinate a minimum of 2-3 blog posts per week for MLA Canada and its affiliate brands
- Develop a social media schedule that includes a minimum of 3 engaging posts per week (for Instagram,
- Coordinate with contractors (photographers, videographers, writers) to create content for our website, social media platforms, and email campaigns.
- Assist with maintaining and updating our websites
- Support the communications team with other initiatives and campaigns as directed by our Corporate Marketing Manager
- In collaboration with team members execute the strategies for growing MLA Canada’s content channels including website, newsletter, and social platforms to increase brand awareness and engagement
- Create and edit content for various audiences that is consistent with MLA Canada brand tone of voice and with a keen eye for detail
- Implement best practices to drive traffic to content assets by leveraging search, social media, and paid advertising in collaboration with the Media Manager
- Monitor online traffic and engagement and evaluate performance of content using web analytics tools to understand trends in social performance to report, develop and prioritize content ideas
- Perform content audits to identify gaps and opportunities, recommending new asset types, strategies, and topics to grow traffic
- Follow industry related news and generate ideas around trending topics, best practices, using new technologies, tools, and programs
- Create and/or manage engaging and informative content via blogs, newsletters, video and social media while ensuring brand consistency across all channels
- Manage online social channels by engaging with communities daily to answer and monitor questions
- Identify and escalate social community feedback, issues, and trends for the purpose of improving our followers’ overall brand experience
- Stay up-to-date on emerging social media trends and best practices to continually improve our social media strategy
- Identify community leaders and industry advocates and empower them to more actively contribute to the greater community
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2+ years’ experience in a Content Marketing or Communications role with related work experience: Copywriting, blogging, and community engagement
- Solid understanding of social media platforms and tools, specifically Facebook, Instagram LinkedIn and Twitter, YouTube
- Top notch storytelling, writing and editing skills
- Experience creating, optimizing, and distributing content on various platforms
- Knowledge of implementing SEO best practices and content creation
- Basic knowledge with video production for social an asset
- Impeccable proofreading ability, research and editing skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to efficiently organize and manage a diverse range of assignments while meeting multiple deadlines, along with thorough attention to all details and consistent with follow through
- Resourcefulness and ability to think creatively and strategically with excellent judgement
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Hubspot (or equivalent Social Media Dashboard), Adobe Creative Suite, and Content Management Systems
- You are experienced and able to both create striking content yourself and work with the support of freelancers and partners.
- The ability and willingness to engage in other marketing activities as needed within the communications team assisting in the coordination of event planning, public relations, and other traditional marketing activities
WHY IT’S SO GREAT TO WORK FOR MLA
MLA offers individuals an unparalleled opportunity to work with a growing company with a clear vision to be Canada’s undisputed leader in real estate, and to be a part of setting a new standard of excellence for experience and innovation in the world of new home sales.
Our core values are at the heart of our people and company objectives. We strive for Innovation, Empowering our People, Committing to the MLA Experience and Delivering Results.
We celebrate our wins and each other. We are committed to fostering a rich learning organization and mapping out career paths based on individual talents and goals. We are big on fostering a community based on trust, respect and creating a fun and collaborative place to be! Ask us about our yearly Rocket Awards program and annual gala events, where we put celebration into action.
In addition to a competitive compensation structure, we offer:
- An amazing opportunity for personal growth and development
- A defined bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Fitness and transit subsidy programs
- An opportunity to work with the best of the business
- A fun, collaborative, innovative and fun working environment
- On-going commitment to training and development
- Opportunities for educational webinars
- Career path and personal growth plans – we invest in you and our team
In keeping with our guiding principle of safety for team members, families, our clients, and our communities, we have decided to enhance our workplace safety protocols and require that all MLA employees, contractors and sub-contractors be fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022 to enter all MLA offices and work sites. Proof of vaccination will be required.
To apply, CLICK HERE.