ABOUT MLA CANADA
MLA Canada is the most comprehensive real estate service provider in Canada. Partnering with residential developers, MLA Canada offers an unmatched level of expertise in advisory services, market intelligence, project marketing, sales, customer care and administration. From boutique projects to large masterplan communities, our diverse and deeply experienced service teams deliver exceptional results while placing our clients’ objectives and brand identity first.
WHY IT’S SO GREAT TO WORK FOR MLA
MLA offers individuals an unparalleled opportunity to work with a growing company with a clear vision to be Canada’s undisputed leader in real estate, and to be a part of setting a new standard of excellence for experience and innovation in the world of new home sales.
Our core values are at the heart of our people and company objectives. We strive for Innovation, Empowering our People, Committing to the MLA Experience and Delivering Results.
We celebrate our wins and each other. We are committed to fostering a rich learning organization and mapping out career paths based on individual talents and goals. We are big on fostering a community based on trust, respect and creating a fun and collaborative place to be! Ask us about our yearly Rocket Awards program and annual gala events, where we put celebration into action.
In addition to a competitive compensation structure, we offer:
An amazing opportunity for personal growth and development
A defined bonus structure
A comprehensive benefits package
Fitness and transit subsidy programs
An opportunity to work with the best of the business
A fun, collaborative, innovative and fun working environment
On-going commitment to training and development
Opportunities for educational webinars
Career path and personal growth plans – we invest in you and our team
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
We are driven to change the way the world purchases real estate. Our company is at the helm of an exciting transition and growth in technology and innovation. We are in the midst of developing a one-of-a-kind data driven real estate intelligence platform forever changing the way we sell and market homes. Our commitment is to foster an entrepreneurial culture, while continuing to disrupt how we position and sell real estate. As we take on this exciting new challenge, we are seeking an Accounting Associate to join us.
As we work with a hybrid remote policy, even before Covid, we will continue to adapt this method as we continue to navigate the guidelines administered by public health. Please note, only residents of the Lower Mainland will be considered at this time as we do require team members to collaborate in office and/or in person as needed. This is not a full- time remote opportunity and will be located at our Vancouver branch.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounting Associate to support our accounts payable and receivable core functions of the business. You’ll help us meet reporting deadlines and ensure reliable, accurate information is provided to key decision makers in a timely manner.
The core responsibilities for the role will be, but are not limited to:
- Process payables for various entities in a timely fashion including coordinating review and approval with multiple departments
- Prepare monthly cheque runs
- Update and maintain vendor contact/payee information in Sage50[JM6] Accounting
- Review employees’ expense through online expense report submission platform
- Coordinate and manage company credit card reporting process
- Work directly in Sage50 Accounting to ensure purchase transactions are properly recorded
- Prepare monthly statements summarizing outstanding balances by project and developer
- Manage follow-up process with key relationship holders for outstanding balances
- Deposit and reconcile payments from developers, ensuring completeness of payments
- Create and manage chargeback expense invoices including client communication
MONTH AND YEAR-END
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Reconcile intercompany account balances
- Liaise with external accountants to record related party transactions
- Assist with various journal entries during month-end close process
- Assist with preparation of relevant working papers for year-end files and
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Minimum 2 years experience in a full-cycle accounting environment
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and Sage50 Accounting
- Ability to produce results independently while maintaining a positive team environment
- An amazing attention to detail with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Time-management skills working under pressure with multiple projects and timelines
- Superior organizational skills and exceptional ability to manage various tasks with ease
- High-level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Office 365)
- Outgoing, personable attitude
- An entrepreneurial mindset and likes to take ownership of projects and deliverables
- Team spirit and the ability to dive into various projects
To apply, click HERE